Skip to main content

Välkomna!

Welcome world, to the bleeding edge of technology. I come to you from the distant future, all the way from the year 2000. This here is a web log or "blog" for short. What a wild world we live in...

Okay I'll stop being obnoxious now, but seriously, welcome!

This is going to be a place for me to air out my complicated inner workings, and extol the virtues of my various interests. I have a lot of distractions in my life, from manly hobbies like homebrewing and backcountry camping to more domestic fare like cooking or rearranging furniture obsessively. One day I'll be posting brew updates the next day you might have to hear about a berry farm in New Hampshire that has changed my life forever. It will also be something of a chronicle of my explorations of a new city and a new life after college. In any case, it should be a fun ride.

NOTE: The adventures that will follow are in no way a desperate attempt to get people to come visit me in Boston. No plane tickets should be purchased without the expressed written consent of ABC and the NFL.

BLOG FEATURES:
-First hand experience watching the degeneration of a man's mental health as he moves 2,000 miles away to a desolate northern wasteland, where loneliness and despair robs him of his very humanity.
-Pie Recipes!
-Getting to know the greater Boston area through pictures and words without leaving home.
-Bryan gets to document his post-college years in a form that is only slightly more obnoxious than a diary.
-Curated reddit content as apathy/lack of interesting sandwiches in my life dictates (3X the memes!)
-Occasional umlauts!
-And so much more!

Cheers,

Bryan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Begging, Borrowing, Stealing.

Times is tough. Luckily there's Craigslist, the online bazaar of free crap and creepy perverts. Let's focus on the former, and leave a broader discussions involving online ethics, sexuality, and your creepy uncle Carl for another day. Look at what people fleeing the Northeast have left for me! Commence the free! The sweet orange chair was a gift from the landlord and I am already very attached to it. The AC unit in the window was one of two, and is much appreciated since we actually broke 100 degrees this weekend. The fridge in the closet may be my most favorite, as my brewery can now expand into lager fermentation. Sexy teal chairs, which I actually had to pay $10 for but you can't win them all. The desk, the small bookcase peeking out on the left, and the five growlers were totally free though. So. There's. That. Other odds and ends. Some books, a really old board game, and an even older electric pencil sharpener. That wicked mahdern end table and the american...

All in all, I'd give this coping mechanism a B-

When we decided that a twitter personality was our best bet for president, I was pretty upset. I won’t tell you how upset or for how long, because certain corners of the internet sure would love to get their hands on my cuck tears. Outrage was the correct response at the time, but you can’t live in outrage long term. At a certain point, you have to be able to function day-to-day, work, and look your parents in the eyes again. It’s not giving up or giving in to a new reality, it’s just learning to cope in a way that doesn’t have you crying in bathrooms. My primary method for coping with a Trump presidency was to pick three issues that I care about the most and only try and comment on social media when these issues came up. That was working pretty well up to a point, but let's check in at the 100 day mark and see how things are going for me. 1) Science funding: F- 20% in proposed cuts to the NIH (my favorite and likely more in cuts for NSF (who actually fund me directly). ...

Winding Down

So after all the frantic tourist-ing I went through while my parents were here this week, it felt good to kick back and relax on a sunday afternoon. Oh and the jug of beer didn't hurt either. I have some more pictures and interesting stories, but it's beer time. Driving to the airport at 5:30 am + 64 oz of beer makes for some epic napping. Also, I've been trying to figure out how I feel about Perry's big "Prayer-a-Palooza" today. After much deliberation and 64 oz of beer, here's all I've got: lol. Insightful, no? Bryan